Rhuby's Doogie Treats
Turn your left overs into tasty treats for your canine friend.
Basic Dog Biscuits
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 20-25 mins, depending on the size of the treat
Makes: at least 150 small treats
2 cups flour of choice (if your dog is sensitive to wheat see note XX below)
1 tsp. salt (or less)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup leftover sweet potato, squash, pumpkin or combination
½ cup water or stock/broth, * add in 1/4 cup and more as needed.
Healthy add-ins: *Note, you know what your dog likes, and the amounts are suggested. These add-ins may make the dough a little more sticky, but this is an easy fix! Just fold in more flour until you get a dough that you can roll out easily.
***For gluten-free use 1 1/2 cups of rice, potato, corn, millet, barley, coconut, and oat flour or combination of flours. You will need less flout to start and add in more as needed to get a dough that is not too sticky to roll out.
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed or oil
- 1 Tbsp turmeric
- Boullion powder - 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 grated cheese
- Fresh breath: 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1/4 cup leftover or grated carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line large baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, mix together flour, salt and cinnamon. Mix any dry add-ins her as well.
3. In separate bowl mash together your leftovers with egg and 1/4 cup water or broth.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ones with a mixer or by hand until you have a dough that is not sticky and you can roll out.
5. Roll dough out on the floured surface to 1/4 inch in thick. Cut out into shapes or cut with a floured knife. Re-roll scraps.
6. Bake from 20-25 minutes until cooked through. Once cooled, store in an airtight container. Freezer friendly up to 6 months.