Pretty in Pink and totally Vegan Valentines Cheesecake
Updated: Oct 4, 2019
No cheese cherry cheesecake. Fun to say and totally delicious.
Just in time to make your Galentine or Valentine a delicious treat that anyone WILL enjoy.
Soak Time: 2 hours
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Set Time: 2 hours
You will need a: Springform pan, food processor or a really good blender.
1 cup of walnuts, almonds or hazelnuts
1/4 cup of flaked or shredded coconuts
1/4 cup of hemp hearts/seeds
1/2 cup of packed pitted Medjool dates (about 6)
NO CHEESE CHEESECAKE:
3 cups of cashews soaked in water for 2 hours
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 vanilla bean (seeds only) OR 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups of pitted cherries (thaw if frozen)
1. Grease a springform pan with coconut oil and line with parchment paper circle to fit the bottom
2. In a food processor, pulse the walnuts, coconut flakes, hemp hearts and salt until coarsely ground. Add in dates and continue to pulse 1-2 minutes until you have a wet, sandy mixture that sticks together when you press with fingers. Transfer crust mixture to the bottom of the pan with the back of a spoon or your hands to make an even, single layer.
3. To make the cheesecake, drain and rinse the soaked cashews. Add all ingredients except the cherries into a blender. Blend until smooth.
4. Pour 2/3 of this mixture onto the crust and level with an offset spatula or back of a spoon.
5. Add cherries to the leftover cashew mixture and blend until smooth. Pour onto the cheesecake.
6. Cover the cake with plastic wrap and freeze for at least two hours. Remove the cake from the springform pan while frozen then let it sit in the fridge and thaw for 30 minutes.
(It can also be served frozen)
If you want to make the cake look like the one in the photograph, take a third of the vanilla-cashew mix and reserve. Then blend the remainder with cherries. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cherry for decoration and use it as your bottom cherry layer. After you let it freeze for about an hour, you can pipe-dots with the remaining cherry mixture and use a toothpick to form hearts.